Tuesday, September 27, 2011

12 weeks and down to the one that stays.

W.York-Patten

The pups have all gone to their new homes, and I could not be happier with the people that have them.


Fig is "Galena Cornerstone Imagine" and is now living with Rita Hellegers in Alabama. He was DNA tested before he left and is DM N/N just like his Dad. Icing on the cake for the wonderful boy.



Saba is "Galena's Big Phish" and is called Sunny. He lives in south west Washington State. He was the first to fly the coop and the first to have real corgi ears sans tape.



Grout is still Grout. He is actually Sir Grout Dane and lives about 40 minutes from me. He has become quite the handsome boy and is loved and adored by a very good friend and her husband. They had no idea that they needed another dog to join their two GSDs until they met Grout. He has a couple of very important jobs; fishing buddy for Dad and personal trainer for Mom. I had the pleasure of hanging on to him during the week for a couple of weeks. To watch him grow and change was a joy. I look forward to seeing him often.



Nori is also staying Nori. She is "Galena's Golden Angel."  She is now living in southern Oregon with a wonderful family and is helping heal their broken hearts following the loss of their beloved Cardigan. I think she is doing that just fine. They came to see her, and she immediately climbed into their laps and announced that they were "her's." I guess they decided that it was mutual as she left bright and early the next morning to head to her new home. She has also turned into a beautiful girl. So stunning that I had questions to myself about whether I kept the right dog.



And then there is Ginger, Galena's Golden Rule. She is at the stage where nothing seems to fit together. However, she is so sweet that any doubts have been squelched. I am falling deeply in love.



This litter has exceeded all my expectations. It is hard to have them go, but was time for them to have more attention than I could give them. They all took a piece of my heart when they left. I honestly don't know how people do multiple litters in a year as it will take time for me to heal from the loss. Knowing that they all went to such good homes does make it so much easier. Thanks to all who have opened their homes to these babies. I hope they give you as much pleasure as they gave me.




I do catch Kate nursing Ginger every once in a while, and Nugget has pretty much healed from the loss as well. He went through a very grumpy few days and I was really worried about him. Now he is curled up with the pup and back to doting on her.



Life is good again. Quiet, but good.

2 comments: