While I try to patiently wait the AKC certificate, I do have the photo declaration. All who show dogs have a few win pictures tucked away for no eyes to see. I have one, and this one of Ginger is far better than that other one...but I paid the big bucks as it was a piece of my dog's history, and this one is, of course even bigger as it is not only the "new Champ" picture, but my very first home-bred New Champ picture. So, it is not the best, but also not the worst. With approval of Ginger's co-owner, who declared it "not that bad" I proudly share:
Thank you, Judge Pat Hastings. I feel quite honored.
Ginger flew home from Sacramento, CA, on Alaska Air. I cannot say enough how much I love these guys. I had my six year old grand daughter in tow and arrived about a half hour before the plane. (Can you tell I was eager to have my girl home?) ID was checked and we sat to wait and watch. My good friend in Georgia was watching and tracking the plane and keeping me up to date; something I was unable to do with my iPhone. (We knew EXACTLY when the plane was circling and touched down. Very cool!) We then went back in the building to wait. I was explaining to my grand daughter how this was not like the "real" airport when one of the women behind the desk took her out to show her the receiving warehouse and how it all worked.
Shortly after we were able to look through the window of the door and see this...
I had the order to film the reunion, but was way to eager to get on the road and home. Traffic was horrendous, and, to tell the real truth, I was way too weepy and happy (and did I say weepy?) to do pictures. The six year old was willing, but camera phones can make very blurry photos even in adult hands. We tried a few practice photos while waiting. It was not going to work.
The reunion with the other dogs was certainly a sight to behold. I tried with the big camera. They did not slow down. They would NOT slow down. Even the horse/pup reunion was crazy. A quick nose touch here and there, and lots of running off a day of crate time. This is the best I could do. She wore her parents down.
That night, I was exhausted, but would doze off and then awake with a feeling that I was being watched. Indeed I was. Eventually she calmed down and slept for a few hours. I think.
So life has now returned to normal. Nugget is losing the weight he gained while Ginger was gone. Ginger is blowing her coat so her big girl clothes can come in. The activity level is back up to where it needs to be. Three is a nice number for my house.
Oh, and speaking of Nugget?
pretty cool!!


Beyond "Pretty cool." I am so happy for you, Nancy
ReplyDeleteAs I have said before, over the moon with happy for you! This is a special time in so many ways and a time for celebration!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture Ginger in her crate on the luggage cart. She really resembles Sunny. The Sushi litter is beautiful. Good job Kate and Nuggett!
ReplyDelete