Friday, February 15, 2013

My Three C's

I have been thinking about my dogs. I have new insight now that they are dealing with the cats. It has really brought their personalities out, and helped clarify not only who they are, but the roles they play in my life.

In the order they came into my life:

Kate. Dear, sweet Kate. Caring. Plain and simple. Or perhaps very complex. Kate cares with every fiber in her body. Kate showed her colors the day I brought puppy Nugget home. Her intense ritual behaviors calmed. She adored "her" puppy.






Nugget. My protector. Compassionate. Almost to a fault. I often wish he had an "off" switch.  But he is who he is. Anyone, or anything, that needs protecting is where he can be found. He is a bit of a wuss. No big strong macho guy here. His heart is bigger than anyone I know. From rearing pups to rearing me...he is one of a kind.





And then there is Ginger. The pick puppy. Celebration. Her life is a happy, cheerful party. My life is one of delight as I wake each morning to converse with her cute face. She cocks her head left and right as if in full understanding of any conversation I may start with her. She is cute, calming, and a comedienne.  She is as coy as they come...or wants me to think that to be true.





 
 
 My life is forever changed by these silly clowns. The lessons I have learned. The people that have come into my life. Few things have impacted me as much. I look forward to my future and all that it may hold.




 
My greatest gift has been Ginger's other Mom, my voice of reason and of sanity. I don't let many into my inner sanctum. She holds that key. Thanks, Simon (and Matt), for introducing her to me, and for sharing her.

6 comments:

  1. Your posts often bring tears to my eyes as the love you have for these precious fur kids comes alive in your words. They are certainly an amazing gift with an even more amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of wonderful pictures. I am reminded where Sunny's long tongue comes from. Did you say cats? Sunny loves to chase his two kitties, Silk Monkey and Starbuck. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sushi litter was truly a beautiful litter. Kate and Nuggett had wonderful babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy- This is so wonderful, so insightful and so you. Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy-This is so wonderful, so insightful and so you. Lots of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAY 12, 2013 Happy double mother's day, Kate!!. She's my mom and she is also in a special way:) Love Sunny

    ReplyDelete