Polly gave me the opportunity to watch her puppies come into the world. Well, the last three anyway. It was amazing and scary. It also made me re-think my re-thought plans.
But, I am back on track.
All blue babies are well, and Polly is a wonderful mother. Those coke can legs manage to through the piles of babies without damaging a single tiny hair. She is so content. I cannot keep my eyes off of her and the babies when I am over. All the colors of blue. All the interesting patterns.
So, I had been double thinking my prior decision to use Nugget in breeding Kate. But, while I would love those blue babies at my house, it just makes sense for me to see for myself what the Nugg-butt can give me. Both he and Casper nicely compliment Kate. But, when switching my brain from selling puppies to getting my next show dog, my head goes back to Nugget. Casper may get a chance next time around. Heck, if she doesn't go into heat then this whole drama is a moot point anyway!!
Today I officially declare "Galena Cardigans" a real thing. Business cards have been ordered and I am working on the puppy form letter.
More later. I am going to go love on my own dogs for a change.
Nancy
Wouldn't it be fun to put the two boys together (if you could guarantee no fights) with the available lady and see who could "win her affections" first? Kinda weird twist on "may the best man win" and "survival of the fittest"!
ReplyDeleteTwo Carbon sons equals NO problemo. They get alone just fine. Kate loves Casper, but all things love Casper.
ReplyDelete