While it was not only a brisk 33 degrees when I got up, and then started raining, it turned out to be a beautiful day today. After a trip to the post office to mail a copy of "The Alchemist" to Grandma Kim (complete with paw print and a change of title to "Coedwig's Alchemist" the Nugg-butter and I headed to the park at the ferry landing for a bit of socializing. He is just so darn easy now that he has "wait" and "stay" down. We wandered a bit, sat a bit, ate a bit, and wandered some more. I really like that there are so many different things to walk over. Nice grass. Metal plates. Boulders. Ramps. None of it fazes him any more, but I want to keep him practiced at it all. He will not jump up onto anything, but once placed will wait until I release him, or pick him up and place him back down. What a silly boy.
I am not practiced in setting him up just right, but also only had my cell phone and wasn't planning pictures until I saw how good he was about waiting. After about an hour we headed for home, but it was much too nice to just go home. AND the tide was out. So, a block from home I pulled over at the little roadside park that is named for my neighbor's family. Nugget rather enjoyed all the good smelling "stuff" and was very good about NOT rolling in it. There are lots of logs, so once again the cell phone came out of my pocket.
And again, it would have been better had I set his near front foot, but what the heck, it is all a learning game for me too. After a few photos the wind finally got to me and we headed for home.
This little Alchemist has a perfect name. My life has certainly changed for the better since he came into it. I guess you could say it is quite golden.

He's such a beautiful nuggie! Starting Thursday I'll have Charlie custody for 10 days. Shall I bring her over for a bit of socializing, yes or no?
ReplyDeleteNope. Not with Kate's latest development. ;)
ReplyDelete