We are in the waiting period. Next week there is a very small window of time that I may be able to feel pups, but with my lack of knowledge, and decreased sensitivity in my hands, it is doubtful I will feel anything. (However, I will be trying!) Kate is just two weeks post breeding, so no apparent changes as of yet. It is very nice to have peace restored in the house. Nugget was such an easy keeper during this. He never stopped eating, and he always minded me, and that wonderful phrase "leave it." Henry, on the other hand...arghh!!
Henry had to spend a week locked away from the other two dogs as he has made himself the head of the "fun police department." And he takes his job very seriously. I feared for the safety of Nugget should he be successful in his attempts with Kate. It was best to just keep them separated during that week. Thank goodness I had his voice "softened" as it was going non stop. For three weeks. THREE WEEKS! Add to that his want, or love, for Kate despite a surgical procedure done at twelve weeks, and it was crazy. I have not ever had hormones that thick in this house.
But it is now quiet. All three dogs have been out to the horse and are now sleeping quietly. This is bliss. All three dogs are back to snuggling at bedtime. Kate is back to meticulously cleaning the boys as they doze.
| drawing by Emily Rose (DreamEyce) |
Next week, sometime, Nugget will be off to show in California for a week. My plans are to paint while he is gone. He is the "puppiest" of the three, so would be the hardest to keep out of my way. I know that the paint will dry with plenty of Corgi hair adding texture, and dropping just one from the equation makes a huge difference. I hate painting, so once started will want to just do it until I am done. Then again, is it ever really done?
With that said, I am off to clean the carpet, yet again. One day, in the not too terribly distant future, I will relish tearing it out of here and replacing it with laminate.
Corgi bowling anyone?
| photo taken in Elma by Brittany Juarez. |
I think I will take a minute here to thanks all the "friends of the Nugg." It is so nice to know that he pleases others as much as he does me. It is such fun to have people come up to me that already know Nugget through Facebook or blogs. The drawing and photo above that are used here, were wonderful gifts to me. Thanks to all for sharing with me. You make me smile. That is always a great thing.


Nugg-Butt is the ultimate ambassador for Cardi-dom! (Besides Cotton and Casper and Wendy Baddog, etc.....)
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for puppies!:-)) What fun Nugget pics/cartoon, he is a very cute boy!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck for Kate and you. Healthy mom and babes. Easy whelping. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi - I was referred to your blog from Wiccan. She said you are expecting puppies in July Im hoping this was the case. Im starting my search for a cardi corgi puppy, Im looking for one that will just be a pet to love. I hope to follow your blog to keep in contact with the arrival of the puppies! (BTW I live in Kitsap County).
ReplyDelete