![]() |
| W. York-Patten |
It has been a while since I wrote anything, for various reasons. For one I have been busy with the pups. Ginger is now six months old and Zoe is two. Ginger is in the terrible twos. Zoe is very busy. They adore each other, and Nugget tries his best to keep them out of too much trouble. The only negative I have found, so far, with Zoe is the whining. She talks constantly. In a whine. I don't do whine. I hope she figures it out someday.
We also have snow. As predicted, the area was dumped on by mother nature. The dogs love it, and I have no need to venture off the property so have been spending a lot of time out with them. The little blue dog disappears in the snow. She absolutely LOVES it. I have to time our outages much as I had to time them when my human kids were little. They seem to have very little sense of being cold. Add the fact that little bare corgi tummies are sitting on the snow. We go out for twenty minutes and come in for an hour or so. It is pretty, the pups love it. All is good.
Kate is in standing heat now so I having to watch her like a hawk. Nugget is being good, but she is beginning to taunt him. Not this time, Kate. Sorry. I suspect Ginger will come in when Kate goes out. I also suspect that Nugget will be respectful of her as well. That does not mean he, or she, can be trusted. It takes a bit of energy to be on constant watch, but it is only for another week. So it goes.
As Nugget's babies grow I get more requests for "using" him. It is interesting. He is so very special to me, and while I want to let others enjoy that special, I really don't want to have massive numbers of Nugglets out there. I want each to have a forever home where it is loved for the wonderful dog that it is. Yeah, I know, in an ideal world, eh? So I continue to correspond with those who inquire, and I quietly retire to my cave to ponder the possibilities. I am honored. There are some fantastic lines, and beautiful dogs that I am just beginning to study. Just how far I want to go with all of this is in the forefront of my thoughts. Inbreeding, outcrossing, linebreeding, genetic testing. Trying to produce better than what I have. Trying to help others do the same. It is beyond mind boggling.
![]() |
| Nori |
| Sunny |
![]() |
| Roxie. ( M.Thorson photo) |
![]() |
| Grout |
| Zoe |
| Ginger |
I have several that have taken on roles as mentors for me. I am very grateful for them. I have friends that have become family. People I can trust with my deepest concerns and thoughts.They are even more important. It is so easy to forget that we are talking about living, breathing, loving creatures. They are not just commodities to be mass produced to me. Titles are nice, but not the end all. Titles can be on the front of the name, or the end of the name. There is still the dog in the middle of it all. THAT is who I do this for. THAT is what keeps me up at night, and keeps my brain going so fast I cannot sleep.
![]() |
| W.York-Patten |
That is who I am.





Wheww. You stay so happily busy. What a blessing all your pups are. O am not at all surprised people want to use Nugget. I would be surprised if they did not. So understandable you do not want to just allow anyone to breed him. One of the special things about you is your relationship with your dogs and your quest to ensure the puppies are well cared for. Good, loving homes that adore them FOREVER! That is what responsible people such as yourself do for the animals they love. I admire you and those you share this journey with. Such a tight knit group with the same goals. As you said Nugget is your boy, not a commodity, and you are so tuned in to him. It is obvious the decisions you make for him ate made from the heart. That is why you are so special and why Nugget adores you. I trust you will know by intuition what is right for him cause you love him so.
ReplyDeleteOh to be wanted! =) Nice to not have to be a pimp!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying Zoe, sadly she loves to talk like her brother Boo. He never stops and woodles and roos and whines all day. I tend to encourage it, sorry.
The 4 at the house love the snow! They'd spend all day out there if I allowed it!