Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nugglet sushi with a little "Grout"


taking a break between four and five.

On Sunday night Kate free whelped her first litter. She had six pretty little Nugglets, but one was still born, leaving me with two girls and three boys to stare at with awe and wonder.

All are doing great and are gaining weight and volume by the hour. Kate is as happy as I imagined she would be, and she loves having Nugget in to snuffle them and love them. (In the room, that is...I do not allow him in the Xpen the surrounds the whelping box.)

There are no mismarks, and no fluffs in the litter. I may have a couple of tan pointed babies, but am not positive at this point.

I will give more details with pictures in a bit. I am still spending most of my time just staring at the babies and their mama. And doing laundry.

At this point I have a Ginger, Nori, Grout, Patriot and possibly Wasabi. I am just not positive the last name fits the pup, so will be looking at all options.

More later. Time to feed Kate.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your litter! I look forward to seeing them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!! congratulations all around. Kate sure looks relieved
    love
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, congrats! I am so happy to hear that Kate did such a great job too. Enjoy watching and loving having the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so happy!!!! Love the names and can't wait to meet them. Rest up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congratulations, Nancy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, how adorable! Such an amazing thing to see. :)

    So glad it all went well for you and Kate and that the babies are thriving. :)

    ReplyDelete