![]() |
| Mark Thorson photo |
Here, we help each other. We support each other. We CARE. Someone needs to build a major? We do our best to make it happen. What a sad thing that the entire sport can't be more like this. Because of the people I "hang" with I tend to forget that there are less than genuine folks in the ring and in the sport. What a shame it is, but I guess it is an interesting cross section of life. The NW group just tends to be more in the area of the heart, I am thinking.
However, this is about a little dog who came into my life last year and forever changed everything. He has taught me to trust and to open up my world just a little bit more, to just a few more people. He has taught me to temper my emotions a bit. He has caught two potential problems with my disease before I did. This little dog makes me smile. He makes me laugh. he makes me cry. Just by sitting at my feet and gazing up at me.
I love every single one of my animals; with all my heart. But there is something about Nugget...
So today we will head for the beach. The show ring perfect coat needs a bit of sand and seaweed.
Thanks, Kim, for planting the seed that brought the Bug to my life. bff Indeed.
Pictures will be posted tomorrow. The California pictures are beginning to trickle in and Mark took some as well. Life is great, and is getting even better.
Thanks to all the ringside friends yesterday. Even with that funny whirring noise that happens when you think you might just pass out...I still heard the cheers. I love you guys. Everyone of you. how nice it is to be able to share the highlights with truly great friends.

I wish I could have been there among the crowd cheering and hooting and hollering.... I'm misty eyed, reading your post and imagining what it was like for you. I remember very clearly what it was like to finish Dakota - my first Cardigan - my first Champion. I'm SO glad that you were surrounded by friends and that YOU were able to finish your dear furry friends championship. *HUGS*
ReplyDeleteYou're the MAN, NuggButt....love, The FlatDog
ReplyDeleteSweetums....you kicked (Nugg) Butt! Congrats from Cotton
ReplyDeleteOh, what I happy occasion! Congratulations to you and that handsome fella!
ReplyDeleteMany congratulations!!! I know all about those special dogs.
ReplyDelete