I decided last week that I needed to find a vet with 24 hour services that I liked, on the off chance I might need them in the middle of the night or on a Sunday. So a made a couple of different appointments and took Kate in for "well checks." One was ruled out immediately as Kate totally freaked when we walked in the door. Today's visit was quite nice. She meandered around, offering to help behind the desk, checking out the coffee maker, checking the magazine rack, and wanting to play with the cat in a carrier awaiting a spay appointment. Yeah, she was not as excited about seeing Kate! The visit with the vet was just as good. Of course they properly oooo'd and ahhhh'd over my dog, so they were good at the schmooze thing too, but no harm/no foul. Then, after about 40 minutes of vet time and several handouts, the news I was NOT expecting. The visit was free. Yeah. Free. New client thing. Then she offered to ultrasound Kate to confirm pregnancy. I was told that counts could not be determined, but she could definitely tell if it was "real" or a good looking false pregnancy. She checked the price and it was less than I figured for the routine appointment so I said, "heck yes" and off they went to warm up the machine.
Long story short, as soon as the probe was applied to the belly three heartbeats were visible. No searching involved, but a very happy result for me...until she said "there are likely plenty more in there." Plenty is frightening to me. That, and why must I fill myself with this doubt??
So, Nugget's first litter, Kate's first litter, and my first insemination have all passed the first test.
Woo hoooooooo.
Nugglets are developing nicely as you are reading this. And, for the very first time, I walked out of the vet hospital for well under $100. SCORE!!!
NICE!!! I need to find a vet that does ultrasounds for $100! When I looked into it, it was much more than that! Maybe I'll get lucky whenever I need it, as I'd rather ultrasound than xray any day!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!!! Sounds like a great vet - I wish we had one around here where I didn't have to donate a major organ every time I take the boyz in....
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the Nugglets! So exciting, puppy breath!
OOOO exciting!!!! I hope one of those heartbeats will be a puppy for me! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my! "Plenty more" and nearly free vet visit in one day? Way too much excitement. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until those babies are born!