Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It is all about Kate



All the worry. All the doting. All the laughter.

In two short weeks there should be a litter on the ground here. Kate's first. Nugget's first. My first Cardigan litter. The sushi litter.

Time has flown by, yet time has stood still as well. It is an odd thing; how quickly those cells divide and turn into little puppies. It boggles my mind that they can do in two months, with many multiples, what takes us humans nine. Yes, there are puppies arriving daily, by many times, yet this litter is different.

At this point I am guessing four or five. Plenty of sushi names to go around. (And of course "Grout.")

So the whelping box is set up, and the supply list should be completed by the end of the week.

Today, and last night, are "off eating" times. It worries me as I know she should be doubling up on food right now. I will try again in a couple of hours and may be hand feeding soon. I keep telling her that she needs to eat as the puppies are growing their ears. She is not listening and using HER wonderful ears!!

So I continue on with my worrying. My doting. And my many smiles, as I think of the future.


Ball?


3 comments:

  1. Those may be the biggest Cardi ears ever!

    Good luck with the whelping! I look forward to puppy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate looks bigger than 4-5 for 7wks... This is such an exciting time I hope all goes well and can't wait to see the little cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. :) You write so well that now I'm a ball of nerves. Speaking of balls, maybe running after one will work/loosen up her appetite? Her innards must be be squished in by those growing ears.

    ReplyDelete